Cold Brew Almond Milk Bircher!
A simple, delicious and filling traditional Bircher Muesli - with a rich coffee twist!
Bircher Muesli was first crafted in the early 1900's by Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Benner as an essential part of his patient’s therapy. Still to this day Bircher is great healthy alternative to cereals.
It’s rich in nutrients and a slow burner, meaning the wholegrains release energy over a longer period of time, powering you through your busy day.
Our simple recipe idea uses unsweetened cold brew almond milk for a rich bitter coffee taste, that’s why we recommend using fruits such as strawberries and blueberries - to balance out the contrasting flavours. And for a bonus burst of nutrients, we also added a handful of walnuts and almonds for a dose of protein and omega 3.
To make this simple recipe you will need:
- 200ml of Unsweetened Cold Brew Almond Milk
- 60g of The Muesli Guys Bircher Muesli
- ½ cup of Sliced Strawberries & Blue Berries
- ¼ cup of Almonds & Walnuts
- Add the Bircher Muesli into a small bowl or container, and fill it with Cold Brew Almond Milk until it is completely submerged – then cover it and soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning top with walnuts, almonds, sliced strawberries, and blue berries.
- Enjoy! The best thing about this recipe is it’s just a simple guide that you can experiment with and tailor to suit your preferences - Add whatever is left in the fruit bowl or pantry and discover your favourite breakfast flavours.
The best thing about this recipe is it’s just a simple guide that you can experiment with and tailor to suit your preferences - Add whatever is left in the fruit bowl or pantry and discover your favourite breakfast flavours.
See all blog posts
Contact The Muesli GuysSend us a message and we'll be in touch.
Are you a cafe or restaurant!?
Our muesli recipes have been enjoyed across Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula since 2008, and are now available online - not just exclusively at gourmet restaurants and cafes. Find out why we have been the secret behind the best breakfast menus for over a decade.